Take Our Satisfaction Survey and See the Results
Providers can give immediate feedback on their customer service experience with Palmetto GBA Jurisdiction M through our Provider Experience survey. You can provide feedback on your most recent interaction with Palmetto GBA that occurred by telephone, chat, email, mail or social media (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn). When you take the survey, please be sure to select the "Jurisdiction M (North Carolina, South Carolina Virginia, West Virginia or the 16 Home Health and Hospice states)" button so we know you are talking to us.
All Medicare providers and their staff may also give immediate feedback about their customer experience by completing the MAC Customer Experience (MCE) surveys.
To provide feeback for PalmettoGBA.com and our eServices portal, complete the online experience MCE survey by clicking on the blue FEEDBACK button that appears on the right side of each web page, or accept the pop-up invitation when it presents itself.
These surveys can be accessed by selecting the "Launch Survey" button in the green banner at the bottom of select pages on their topic website pages:
- Appeals experience (1st level – redeterminations)
- Provider Enrollment experience
- Provider Outreach and Education (POE) experience
- Targeted Probe and Education experience
- Additional surveys will be added in the future
When completing an MCE survey, please be sure to add details about your experience so we know exactly what you liked or what we could do better. We value your comments and opinions, and we look forward to a culture of continuous improvement in the way we conduct business and serve our providers.
Palmetto GBA intends to demonstrate its commitment to our partnership by sharing with you the process improvements we implement based on your feedback. By working together, we can enhance your experience and elevate the level of service, education, information and transparency you have come to expect from Jurisdiction M/Palmetto GBA.
Here are some of the recent enhancements we have made as a result of your feedback.
- Contact Us pages — We have redesigned our contact us pages to make it easier for you to use and find. Visually appealing icons are used to differentiate between the different ways to contact us and topic specific contact information has been added throughout the website.
- Redesigned Website — We redesigned the look and layout of our website to make the information you are looking for easier to find. Improvements included:
- More intuitive organization with Topic and Subtopic pages
- New Claims and Customer Service pages
- Updated Provider Enrollment page with more content clearly organized into the “Enroll a Provider”, “Verify Enrollment” and “Update an Enrollment Record” steps
- More ways to find contact information for the Provider Contact Center and other units
- More graphic images to highlight important and frequently accessed parts of the site
- New to Medicare Page — To help new providers get started with Medicare, we launched our New to Medicare page that is designed to walk you through the steps to becoming a successful Medicare provider
- Email Update messages — We redesigned these messages to enhance the readability and quickly view updated articles. Special messages are sent quicker so you receive information more timely.
eServices Portal Enhancements
Registration and Login Enhancements
- We made it easier for new providers to register for eServices. New providers can now register for eServices without waiting until they have a claim in history. Providers who submit a new EDI enrollment agreement will receive an email with a link to the eServices registration page and an access code once the EDI agreement in processed. Providers can use the access code, instead of the most recent Medicare payment amount received, to complete their eServices registration.
- Multi-factor Authentication
- We added Google Authenticator as a faster option to receive a multi-factor authentication code. With Google Authenticator, you can now instantly retrieve an MFA code on your Apple or Android device instead of waiting for an MFA code to be delivered via text or email. You can add Google Authenticator to a new or existing account.
- Alerts — Added an alert to notify users when their password is getting ready to expire
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Lookup — When using the MBI Lookup Tool to obtain an MBI for a deceased beneficiary, eServices will now look back up to four years prior to the date of death
- Eligibility Lookup — We updated the eServices Entitlements Inpatient tab to display more of the information you are looking for. The Entitlements Inpatient tab now displays the start/end dates and billing National Provider Identifier (NPI) for inpatient hospital and skilled nursing facility (SNF) stays.
- eAudit Dropdown Choices — To help you more easily find your eAudit information, we enhanced the eServices eAudit tab to show only the Audit Type choices that are available for a provider’s line of business
- Overpayment Data Lookup — We updated the Financial Tools tab options to allow you to research overpayments online. Overpayment balance information is now available on the Financial Tools Overpayment Data subtab. On this subtab, you can enter either an Accounts Receivable (AR) number or an Overpayment Demand Letter number to view real-time status of your AR or Demand Letter balances to include the: Principal AR Balance, Interest AR Balance and Total AR Balance. You can also view details for each AR including the AR number(s), demand letter number and date issued, the original overpayment amount, and claim details (date of service and beneficiary name). Any recoupment, adjustments or collection activities will also display.
Submission and Forms Enhancements
- eClaims Submissions
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) providers can now submit paperless eClaims in eServices
- Providers may now submit online roster bills for Influenza, Pneumococcal and COVID vaccine services. Each roster bill allows submission for up to 50 patients. The roster bill worksheet is updated with the HCPCS code options for each vaccine type.
- Appeals — To make it easier to find and complete a Redetermination form, we added a new “Submit an Appeal” link to the Claim Status Information and Claim Status Details screens. This link directly opens the Redetermination: First Level Appeal form with the Medicare ID, Date of Service and Claim Number (ICN) fields pre-filled from the claim data. You may also submit a reconsideration (2nd level appeal) within eServices.
- Prepopulated Forms — To save you time when completing online forms, the eOffset form and Medical Review Additional Documentation Request (ADR) Response form are now prepopulated with the provider’s information.
Account Administration and Unlock Enhancements
- Find Your Admin — We made it easy to identify your eServices account administrator. A listing of your account administrators (up to three, if applicable) can be viewed on your MyAccount tab. If you are unable to log into your eServices account or need to identify the admin to request access to an account, you can use the “Find Your Admin” link on the eServices login and registration page to have the account administrator information emailed to you.
Greenmail and Inbox Messaging Enhancements
- TPE Notification Letters — To make delivery and receipt of Medical Review Targeted Probe and Educate letters quicker, we added TPE letters to the types of greenmail letters available in eServices. Providers can receive notification that their claims have been selected for TPE review through their eServices inbox.
- We extended the time frame for which greenmail letters are available to up to one year
- We added an auto archive feature to move inbox messages older than 60 days from your inbox to the archive tab automatically. This will reduce the number of rows in your inbox and make finding the message you need quicker.
Other Operational Enhancements
To improve your customer service experience when calling our contact center, we have minimized the upfront messages on the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) line.
We want to thank you for the great feedback you have given us for the past 12 months. The following list illustrates the many enhancements we made based on your previous feedback. Palmetto GBA is committed to continuous growth based on customer feedback. What you say matters! So, please, keep telling us how we can be better, and we’ll keep listening.
Previous eServices Portal Enhancements
- Access Eligibility Lookup from MBI Lookup Tool — We added a Check Eligibility button to the MBI Lookup tab in eServices in order to save you time when checking a beneficiary’s Medicare eligibility. With the MBI Lookup tab open, you will find the Check Eligibility button at the bottom of your screen.
- Remittance Lookup — We added a Remittance View link to you to allow providers to easily access their remits straight from the eServices claim status screen
- eCheck Refund Submissions — We enhanced the eCheck feature to support Excel files. In addition to PDF (.pdf) files, you can submit Excel (.xls, .xlsx) files when submitting eCheck attachments.
- MFA Code Extended — We extended the time that a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) code can be used to up to 12 hours. This allows you to simply reuse the last valid code issued. An MFA code will expire 12 hours from the time it was requested or when a new MFA code is generated.
- Profile Verification Extended — We extended the eServices Profile Verification timeframe from 90 to 250 days, allowing more time for you to complete this process. During this time, please make sure that all eServices user ID profiles are up to date to avoid interruption or deactivation.
- Account Unlock
- We added functionality to allow provider administrators to unlock account users and additional provider administrators from the administrator screen
- We added a Fastlane Support option on the eServices login and registration page that allows users to be quickly connected with an online operator if they need to unlock their account and their provider administrator(s) is not available
- Unlock Feature Extended — We implemented new “Disable User” functionality in eServices that will disable a user that has been inactive for 30 days instead of terminating the User ID. Administrators will now be able to re-enable the user up to 120 days (up to 90 days after 30 days of inactivity). If the user ID is not re-enabled within this time, the account will be terminated. We will send notification to users through a series of periodic emails (up to the 120-day limit) to remind the user of their status and provide instructions to re-enable eServices IDs.
- Account Linkage — We made it easier to manage multiple accounts. Providers can link their previously assigned eServices User IDs under one default ID through the Account Linking subtab. Once the accounts are linked, providers can log in with the default ID and easily switch between their linked accounts.
Previous Non-eServices Enhancements
- eTicket — Palmetto GBA continues to develop tools to improve service and efficiency, and our new eTicket is no exception. eTicket will save you time when contacting the Provider Contact Center (PCC) about a particular issue on multiple occasions. When you speak to a customer care representative by phone, a numeric inquiry number or eTicket is generated which provides a reference to the subject matter of your conversation with our PCC. When you call us with additional follow-up questions or for more information specific to a prior call, you can input your eTicket number into the IVR. Upon being transferred to a service representative, your topic of inquiry and data related to your previous call with Palmetto GBA will automatically be presented on the service representative’s screen, expediting their ability to serve you. Save Time with eTicket Module
- ePass — Authentication is required before Palmetto GBA is authorized to discuss Medicare information with a provider. The ePass is an 8-digit code providers can elect to receive, per each NPI and PTAN combination, following their first-time authentication when they call the Provider Contact Center (PCC). The goal of the ePass is to ease provider burden by eliminating the need to repeatedly authenticate each time you contact the PCC in a given day.
- Medical Policies — In response to provider feedback, we have updated the LCDs and Related Articles tables to designate which contract (Part A, Part B, Home Health or Hospice) they apply to
- Customer Service Experience — To improve your customer service experience when calling our contact center, we:
- Added the ability to select to go straight to a Customer Service Advocate (CSA) in the main menu
- Minimized the number of up front messages played
- Allowed CSAs to handle multiple inquiries per call
- Reviewing top inquiry data and identifying providers to proactively schedule concierge appointments
- Credit Balance Reports — Providers are mailed credit balance report reminder letters in order to reduce the number placed on payment withhold for failure to submit
We are looking forward to hearing from you so that we can continue our progress in meeting your needs.
Thank you in advance for helping us to be better every day!